8 young zucchini, washed
2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (and/or basil, chives)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add a big pinch of salt.
2) Meanwhile, cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Remove as many of the larger seeds as possible. Scoop out and reserve the flesh, being careful not to break through the skin.
3) Roughly chop the zucchini flesh. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the onion and zucchini flesh and sauté until soft but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pan from the heat.
4) Blanch the zucchini shells in the boiling water for 2 minutes and refresh them under cold water, taking care to keep them intact.
5) Beat the eggs in a medium bowl and stir in the zucchini mixture; mix in the cheese, bread crumbs, and parsley. Divide this filling among the boats, place them on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.