* 2 T. oil
* 1 large onion, thinly sliced
* 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
* 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
* 1 T. curry powder
* 1 tsp. each ground cumin, coriander
* 1/2 tsp. turmeric
* 2 cups fresh turnips, peeled and diced
* 1 14-oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
* 2/3 cup water
* 1/2 tsp. sweetener (sugar, brown sugar, agave, or honey)
* 1 tsp. salt
1. Heat oil in a heavy-bottom pot on medium heat. Saute onions until golden.
2. Add the ginger and garlic, stir 2 minutes more, and then add the spices, stirring well to cook.
3. Stir in the turnips, tomatoes, water, sugar and salt. Cover and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.