This is a key ingredient in my fridge. I love adding it to salad dressings, as a base for pizza making, making the perfect garlic bread, and throwing it at the end of dishes to give an extra flavor boost.
3 heads garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Remove the first layer of papery skin from the garlic and slice the pointy top of each clove.
3) Place each head on a sheet of aluminum foil, cut side up.
4) Drizzle with the oil and season with salt. Wrap each head in the foil and roast until the cloves are golden brown and soft, about 1 hour.
5) Remove from the heat and let cool.
6) Remove the roasted cloves from their skins. The most efficient way to do this is to squeeze the whole head from the bottom.
7) Using a fork, vigorously mix the garlic and oil together.
8) Add a pinch of salt.
If properly sealed, this will live happily in your fridge for ten –fourteen days.